Arthur's latest was published on October 16th. Click here to read his thoughts about buying refurbished technology.
Strolling with the spirits
This week they present "Forever Plaid":
Family TIES ("Teaching, informing,empowering and supporting today's families") is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping families provide a safe, nurturing and positive environment for their children and teenagers. Their programs seek to educate prenatal parents and parents with children up to age 18. They serve families who are wishing to improve their parenting skills as well as families who are incarcerated or mandated by DFCS or the court system.
You can support Family TIES by getting in on the 50/50 raffle! As part of the yearly Diamonds and Denim fundraiser, we're selling raffle tickets for $5.00 each. At the fundraiser on Nov. 13th (see last week's Next to Newsletter for more about that), one ticket will be drawn- the winner gets HALF of the proceeds for the raffle ticket sales, with the other half going to Family TIES. You don't have to be present to win. You can get your raffle tickets at N2N. Just think- the odds of winning are SO much better than the lottery!
What's for Dinner?
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 18.5-ounce box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 24 pieces candy corn
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.
N2N wants you to like us...on Facebook! Click here to go to our fan page and click "like" to join up. We post great deals when we find them during the week and link to other great frugal sites. We have the Deal of the Day and Hot Flashes...you sure don't want to miss out on that!
Let's work to get the word out: friends don't let friends shop retail!
Have a remarkable week!
Teressa and the Next2New Crew