What's on Sale?
His latest was published on June 12. Click here to read Arthur's tutorial on taking better digital pictures.
The Arts Council's Movies on the Green will present "Alvin and the Chipmunks- the Squeakquel" at dusk on July 1 at the Smithgall Arts Center (the Depot), 331 Spring St. Admission is free for AC members, or $2 adults and $1 students for nonmembers. Click here to purchase tickets online.
This little lady is a good example of the hundreds being born this year. Click here to learn more about this sweet kitty.
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
• 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
• Tortilla chips
1. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
2. Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno in butter for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Add corn and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with olives and green onions; serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face.
Remember to bring in your plastic grocery bags to recycle and register to win a $25.00 store credit. May's winner was Cindy Furlow. Congratulations, Cindy!
Get a $5.00 store credit any time you bring us a new shopper. It's easy. Just bring in your friends who've never tried N2N shopping. When they check out at the register, we'll give YOU a $5.00 credit on the spot.
Let's work to get the word out: friends don't let friends shop retail!
...and don't forget Senior Discount Day- each Monday, everyone 55 and over gets 30% off their cash purchases.
Teressa and the Next2New Crew