N2N will be open regular hours on the 4th of July.
Come see us.
Arthur's latest was published on June 25. Click here to read "Random tips to keep your computer humming." This is one to be clipped and saved- it'll save you a fortune in service fees and down-time.
Looking for a unique shower gift? Here's a twist on the typical diaper “cake”. It's super easy to make and unique enough that no one will give the same thing. The diaper bike consists of the following:
Newborn disposable diapers as the tires
2 rolled receiving blankets as the chassis/axles and handle bars
2 bibs as the fenders
1 burp cloth as the seat
1 4-oz. plastic bottle for the headlight
1 pair of frilly socks for the handlebar grips
1 pink bowed headband for the part above the light
1 soft sculpture doll
It's all sitting on a 14 inch cake round. The most difficult part is figuring out how to assemble the diapers into a round spiral for the tires. The problem is solved by using an 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Make a single tube using one diaper with a rubber band for the axle, stand it in the middle of the pan and added all the rest of the diapers in a tight spiral around it. Wrap a large rubber band to secure them all in place and cover with a 2 inch wide ribbon to hide the rubber band.
Gone are the days of your grandmother’s “early bird special” at the local diner. As baby boomers reach retirement age, hundreds of retailers are featuring new and improved discounts exclusively for the 55 to 60 and older crowd. Brad's Deals has composed a list of senior savings that will help you keep more cash in your pocket. (And hey, don't forget N2N's Senior Discount Day each Monday- 55 and older get 30% off their entire cash purchase!) Click here to check it out Brad's list.
Wonderful news! Movies on the Green are back! There will be outdoor screenings of "Rio," July 7; "Rango," July 21 and "Gnomeo & Juliet," Aug. 4 at the Arts Council Smithgall Arts Center Lawn, 331 Spring St. in Gainesville. Admission is free for members, all others are $4 for adults and $2 for seniors/children. For more information, call 770-534-2787 of click on www.theartscouncil.net. Be sure to bring a blanket or lawn chair.
Free Family Day
It's Family Day at the Northeast Georgia History Center at Brenau University, 322 Academy Street in Gainesville. They will be celebrating Lake Lanier--Legends and Resources.On July 10 from 1 pm to 4 pm they'll have fishing games, a watermelon seed spitting contest, crafts, and a demonstration by the Lake Lanier Rowing Club. Admission is free. For more info, call 770-297-5900 or go to www.negahc.org.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, dividedIngles Markets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 blueberry muffins, torn into bite-size pieces (approximately 12 cups)
- 6 cups fresh blueberriesIn a large saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar, cornstarch, and salt, mixing well. Add egg yolks and water to sugar mixture, whisking well to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.Add lemon juice, butter, and 2 teaspoons vanilla, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.In a large mixing bowl, beat cream and remaining 1/2 cup sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.In the bottom of a trifle bowl, layer half of blueberry muffins. Top muffins with 3 cups blueberries. Top blueberries with half of whipped cream. Top whipped cream with two-thirds of lemon mixture. Top with remaining 3 cups blueberries and remaining blueberry muffins.In a large bowl, combine remaining lemon mixture and whipped cream, folding gently to combine. Spread over muffin layer.Garnish with additional blueberries and a lemon-peel curl, if desired.
Let's work to get the word out: friends don't let friends shop retail!
Have a remarkable week!
Teressa and the Next2New Crew
Next to New Resale Boutique
1705 Cleveland Hwy.
Gainesville, GA 30501
Monday- Saturday 10-6