Sunday, November 13, 2011

Next to Newsletter- Monday, November 14, 2011



Good morning everybody! Here's a big N2N howdy to all the new folks who signed up this week to receive the Next to Newsletter. They're an intriguing bunch...former kangaroo rescuers, an herbalist who just finished walking the Appalachian Trail, a cookbook author (I'm expecting some great contributions to the Whatcha Eatin' section!) and a retired rocket scientist.



Welcome one and all!





What's on sale?




Monday-Tuesday: 30% OFF infant wear 0-24 months


Wednesday-Thursday: 30% OFF men's shirts


Friday-Saturday-Sunday: 30% OFF ALL Christmas clothes!



My husband, Arthur, and I each write twice-a-month columns for The Times here in Gainesville. His deal with computing and technology issues. Mine deal with whatever strikes my fancy.




Arthur's 100th Computer Care column was published on November 12th. Click here to read "Revisiting some key tips on column 100"







My column ran on 11/11/11. Click here to read "College takes higher education to lower level."







Mmmm Boy Howdy Coupon




Our new neighbor here at N2N is the Square Biscuit Restaurant, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets and a full menu. There's dine in, carry out or drive thru service. As a special to N2N customers, they're offering this B1G1 coupon:



********************




Buy one breakfast biscuit, get one FREE



or



Buy one lunch or dinner buffet, get one FREE




authorized by Danny


Valid through 11-27-11




********************




Just copy, paste and print the coupon. N2N shopping is not for the hungry or faint of heart so allow time for lunch when you come see us (of fill up on a hearty breakfast before you shop!)




So sweet!




Click here to see images of 26 heartwarming animal rescues!






When Parents Text



Growing up in a world where there are apps to locate bathrooms and the Internet fits in your back pocket, children learn to text as soon as -- if not before -- they learn to speak. Parents, on the other hand... not so savvy. When we try to master the art of emoticons and acronyms, the results can be hilarious, especially to our kids. Click here to see what happens When Parents Text.







New uses for old things







I just love Real Simple magazine's "new uses for old things" section. Click here to get inspired by creative new uses for holiday items.






Whatcha Eatin'?




Looking for a new appetizer to wow all the holiday company? Try toasted ravioli- served up with a really good marinara sauce. Click here for the recipe. Many thanks to Rachel for the suggestion and Molly for the recipe!






Wise Words



10 Canine Commandments





1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Regular separation from you will be painful and can even cause depression. Think before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Don't be impatient, short-tempered or irritable.

3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back. Respect is earned not given as some sort of inalienable right.

4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. I am not capable of understanding why I am being locked up. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment and friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your tone. You only have to look at my tail to know that.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget. If that treatment is unjust or bad, it may spoil the special bond between us.

7. Please do not hit me. I cannot hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I don't ever want to feel the need to do that.

8. Before you punish me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long, maybe my heart is getting old and weak, or maybe I'm just dog-tired.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also want care, love, and affection.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, no matter what you do I will always love you.







Weekly this 'n' that




A few weeks ago, N2N's Facebook friends had an opportunity to print a coupon good for a day of half price shopping. You don't want to miss out on deals like that so click here to go to our fan page and click "like" to join up.





Remember to bring in your plastic grocery bags to recycle and register to win a $25.00 store credit.







Get a $5.00 store credit any time you bring us a new shopper. It's easy. Just bring in your friends who've never tried N2N shopping. When they check out at the register, we'll give YOU a $5.00 credit to use on your next visit.

Let's work to get the word out: friends don't let friends shop retail!











...and remember Senior Discount Day- each Monday, everyone 55 and over gets 30% off their cash purchases.








Computer Problems?








Don't hesitate to call Arthur if your computer has a virus or isn't
running as fast as it should. He will come to you or you can drop off your
PC at Next to New. His rates put the Geeks to shame and your satisfaction is guaranteed. One-on-one instruction available or get some friends together for an even better rate. He can fix software problems through remote access if necessary, so no matter where you are, give him a call - your computer will thank you. Call him at 770-540-5100 or email him at
glazer.tech@gmail.com.






That's it for now. Remember-email goes both ways...









If you run across any exceptional bargains or impressive new products, let us know. We'll put the word out!


Have a remarkable week!


Teressa and the Next2New Crew

Next to New Resale Boutique
1705 Cleveland Hwy.
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-534-9070

Monday- Saturday 10-6


Sunday 1-6


No comments: