Monday, July 30, 2012

Next to Newsletter- Monday, July 30, 2012

   
 
 
Good morning!
 
 
What's on sale?

 This week, all ladies' pants, shorts and capris are 30% OFF!
 
 
and does everybody know what Friday is? Why, it's the FIRST FRIDAY in August...and you know what that means:
 
Why, it's time for the

FIRST FRIDAY (and Saturday, TOO!) SALE

Friday, August 3 and Saturday, August 4
10 AM- 6 PM

50% off STOREWIDE

Half off the original price!

Get a jump on back to school shopping-
The white tags are our fall items and they'll be half off, too!
 
Latest Columns!

 
My husband, Arthur, and I each write twice-a-month columns for The Times here in Gainesville. His deal with computing and technology issues. Mine deal with whatever strikes my fancy.
 
 
 
 
My latest column was published on July 27th. Click here to read "Shelter's 'lucky dogs' were anything but"
 

 
Arthur's column has been on hiatus for a few weeks. But you can click here to go to his blog and read past columns and even search for specific topics if you need help troubleshooting a problem. His column will resume in The Times in August.
 
Meet Carol
 
 
Here at N2N, we've known Carol Smith FOREVER. She and her mom Scarlett (and later her daughters Sarah and Natalie) been shopping with us since we were downtown in the mid-1980s. In fact, she recently found a long-lost stash of N2N receipts, added them to the ones in her purse and came up with over $750 in shop receipts- that gave her a $75 shopping spree. Brava, Carol!
 
Now, Sarah, the sweet toddler we watched grow into a lovely young woman is preparing to graduate from Piedmont College and get married, too. To finance the nuptials, Carol is producing beautiful artwork on, as she says,
 "anything that doesn't move."

 
Carol says: "I am a self-taught, eclectic artist. I like colorful, happy art and I like to use repurposed objects. I like to give previously loved things a new life. I make glass garden "totems", personalized signs, and other decorative art. My favorite thing to paint is chairs, and I can paint them in colors you like. Lots of people like rocking chairs and time out chairs for their little ones. One of my most popular patterns is painted to look like a quilt, complete with tiny stiches piecing the 'fabric' together.

I also do signs for homes, with special sayings or names.
 My motto is 'Embrace your inner quirky!', and that comes out in my bright colored art.

It takes 2-3 weeks for me to do a quilted chair, less for one that is less complicated. For a small child's rocker I usually get $45-$60, and I ship UPS. My favorite chair is also the most expensive, $145. If you're local, I deliver.
If you have a piece of furniture at home that isn't getting the attention it deserves, call me and I will make it a focal piece for the room!

Meanwhile, I'm doing what I do best - yard sale-ing, curb shopping...
and oh yeah, painting!

Shop name: Miss Ellen Joy
www.etsy.com/shop/missellenjoy
email:childofgrace63@yahoo.com
phone:770-503-5375

 
So give Carol a call if you want her to breathe happy life into a tired old rocker or if you need a personalized gift that will be treasured forever! 
 
Consign Online!
 
 
Have an awesome designer bag you're not carrying anymore? An original Cabbage Patch Kid? A pair of Jimmy Choos that don't fit? Other high end apparel or collectibles? Email me. I'm taking consignments to list on eBay.
 
I've been selling there since 1999. I'm a top-rated Power Seller with a 100% positive feedback rating (and that's from over 11,000 feedbacks!) Let me put my expertise and reputation to work for you. Just drop me an email at next2new@aol.com with a brief description of what you have to sell and I'll get right back to you.
 
In case you missed it...
 
 
...on our Facebook page, here's Lisa, lookin' good, decked out from N2N head to toe- Boater hat, Myst linen shirt covered in mother-of-pearl buttons, Hollister linen tank top, Express capris and Van Eli slides decorated with more mother of pearl buttons. All for...wait for it...wait for it...$27.00!
 
Send us a picture of you, your kids, your husband, heck...even your dog decked out in head-to-toe N2N and we'll feature it in a future "Lookin' Good" segment. Be sure to give us the total of how much you spent (or, rather, SAVED!)
 
 Whatcha eatin'?
 

It was one of those days. Rachel was home from for a day from her summer job at Camp Coleman. She wanted to bake cookies for her fellow counselors but it seemed we were out of almost everything- no butter, only two eggs, no flour...and I didn't want to go to the store if I could avoid it.
 
So we made survey what we DID have- Bisquick baking mix, oil and pudding mix.
 
A quick Google search turned up what may well become one of my favorite, most versatile cookie recipes. The recipe calls for vanilla pudding but that we didn't have. So we made the first batch with gingerbread pudding (a specialty product that Jell-O sells in December) rolled in brown sugar and voila! Snickerdoodles!

The second batch (shown above) was made with coconut cream pudding mix with about a 1/2 tsp. of almond extract tossed in. It produced delectable teacakes worthy of Scarlett O'Hara!
 
Click here for the basic recipe...and then let your imagination take over!

 
Wise Words

 
 
Computer problems?

 
  That's it for now. Remember-email goes both ways...
 
 


If you run across any exceptional bargains or impressive new products, let us know. We'll put the word out!


Have a remarkable week!


Teressa and the Next2New Crew

Next to New Resale Boutique
1705 Cleveland Hwy.
Gainesville, GA  30501
770-534-9070

Monday- Saturday 10-6
Sunday 1-6

No comments: